Christ Temple Campus
The programme aims at enhancing the career of students pursuing the MBA Finance programme by transferring to them comprehensive knowledge in theories and practice of Finance as pertains in Ghana and the world over. Upon completion of the programme, graduates should be able to make significant contribution in the area of Finance and be able to develop a successful as well as satisfying career, both in private and public sectors.
• To equip students with the requisite technical knowledge and managerial skills required to function effectively, manage funds and the capacity to maximize the value of shareholder wealth for long run growth;
• To develop results-oriented professionals who are capable of functioning at the highest level of their profession either as generalists or specialist in a banking and/or financial working environment;
• To produce high calibre and morally sound professionals with integrity in a competitive job market, both local and worldwide;
• To equip students with relevant theoretical and practical knowledge, cutting-edge skills and the required critical reasoning abilities within the context of managerial finance to fit into the industry at the middle management level and
• To produce graduates capable of analysing, managing and (re-) structuring the ever-changing and complex business problems to make them amenable through the use of modern financial management tools and best practices.
The programme aims at developing qualified graduates for employment in middle and top management positions in all sectors of the economy: private sector, public sector, NGOs, and for self-employment.
In the public sector, career opportunities abound in Ministries, Departments and Agencies. In the private sector, job opportunities exist in commercial banks, insurance companies, investment banks, investment companies, discount houses, the stock market, savings and loans institutions, microfinance companies, community and rural banks, export and import business, educational institutions, consultancy firms and other numerous private sector organisations.
A significant number of MBA Finance graduates from Central have also established their own firms, especially in the area of financial management consultancy services.
An applicant seeking admission to an MBA degree programme must:
1. Have obtained a good first degree or an honours degree [at least Second Class – Lower Division] in an appropriate field of study from a recognised university.
Satisfy any additional requirements prescribed by the Central Business School and/or the Department. These may include relevant work experience, a written entrance examination and an interview.
2. An applicant who possesses a first degree in the Third Class Division or a Pass and who has at least three years’ relevant working experience in the field of finance and accounting may also be considered for admission into the programme. Such an applicant is required to take preparatory courses and pass written examination and interview before being offered for admission.
In special cases, an applicant who does not have a first degree but is otherwise adjudged suitable may be admitted into the MBA programme. Such an applicant must:
- Be a fully qualified or chartered professional with at least three  years’ post-qualification relevant working experience
Or in lieu of above
b. Have at least a Diploma or Higher National Diploma [HND] in the relevant field of study or he/she must have obtained a part-qualified professional qualification [such as ACCA, CIMA, CIB, ICA, ICSA, CIM] equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree according to NAB’s classification.
c. Have a minimum of five  years’ post-qualification experience in his/her area of interest in the case of Diploma or HND holders and three  years’ post qualification experience [in the case holders of part-qualified professionals] whose professional qualifications are equivalent to the first degree according to NAB’s classification.
d. Diploma or HND holders will be required to take preparatory courses and pass a written examination and interview before being considered for admission.
+233 30 331 8607
Head of Department:
Admissions: +233 0307 020540 | +233 0303 318583 | +233 020 726 8263
Main: +233 0303 318580 | 030 7020545 (Miotso) | +233 0594081658 |+233 0302 313185 (Christ Temple) | +233 0302 396189 (Kumasi)
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180
Academic Verification requests: firstname.lastname@example.org