Following approval by the National Accreditation Board, the Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management commenced in 2001 with the view of promoting the growth and development of agribusinesses in Ghana through human capacity building to cope with recent technological and innovative advances in the agro-industry. The programme was developed to meet the country’s need for competent and well-informed practitioners in the agribusiness sector.
Aims and Objectives
• The programme aims at producing graduates who are academically skilled and professionally competent in the management of agricultural enterprises;
• The programme promotes the development of Agribusiness through human capacity building that enables students to understand and take advantage of recent technological and innovative advances in the agribusiness;
• To provide a sound grounding in agronomy, animal husbandry, economics and computer application and commerce-related courses such as economics, accounting, marketing human resource management and project management.
Field Work, Class Tests, Semester Examinations, Projects
• Commercial Farm Managers
• Research Officers
• Project and Credit Officers in Banks and NGOs
• Officers in Management & Marketing Consulting firms
• Officers in Agricultural Processing and Export Firms
• Entrepreneurs in Agricultural Production, Input Supply & Process Sector
• Work in Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)
• Commodities Brokers and Analyst
• Non-Governmental Organisations
Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate: Passes in core English, core Mathematics, core Science and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the West African Examination Council (WAEC) or with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the West African Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examinations (WASSCE).All passes must be at grade D (SSSCE) or grade C6 (WASSCE) or better.
General Certiﬁcate of Education: An applicant must have at least credit-level passes in 5 subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) at the GCE Ordinary Level and at least 2 passes at the GCE Advanced Level. One of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’ or better. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
Professional Qualiﬁcations: Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) with at least 3 Credits and 2 passes awarded by the Technical Examination Unit of GES. Other qualiﬁcations such as Private Secretary and Bilingual Secretaryship are eligible.
Mature Student’s Entry Requirement): Applicants without the formal academic qualiﬁcations may be considered for admission if they are above 25 years old and have demonstrable relevant professional experience. Applicants will also be required to pass an entrance examination and / or an interview.
Professor Justice Djokoto,
Head of Section
Admissions: +233 0307 020540 | +233 0303 318583
Main: +233 0303 318580 | 030 7020545 (Miotso) | +233 0302 313185 (Mataheko) | +233 0302 396189 (Kumasi)
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180