Student Life | Faculty & Staff | Alumni | Parents | Corporate | CU Maps | Gallery |
MBA PROJECT MANAGEMENT OPTION
The economic growth and development of every nation depends on the availability of the right calibre human resources to manage economic enterprises that create wealth.
Currently, the Government of Ghana is making efforts to diversify the nation’s economy and manage it prudently. Not surprisingly, local and international investors as well as international financial institutions are developing confidence in Ghana’s economy. With the focus of the current administration on sustaining growth and taking Ghana to an upper middle-income status by 2020, there will be a high demand for managerial manpower including project managers. Demand for high calibre human resource is expected from all sectors of the economy; including the public service and private sector, in the areas of manufacturing, energy, banking, finance, insurance, leisure, hospitality, tourism and not-for profit organizations.
In anticipation of a growing economy that will create demand for seasoned business, and project management professionals, this programme is designed to train project management professionals who will thrive and succeed in complex, cross-functional, and globally diverse environments especially.
Aims of the Programme
In light of the above, this 18-month Master of Business Administration (MBA) Project Management programme is designed to equip business executives with the necessary skills and competences to successfully develop project procedures of initiation, planning, execution, regulation and closure as well as guidance of project teams’ operation towards achieving competitive advantage. The programme offers industry leaders with current management thinking in combination with a teaching and learning methodology that is designed to equip transformational and innovative business leaders with excellent executive and managerial decision-making skills to meet the project management challenges of the 21st century.
Objectives of the Programme
The programme will provide the relevant project management and managerial skills, competences and knowledge that will adequately equip graduates on completion of the programme. Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates should be able to:
- apply the acquired knowledge, skills and competencies within the context of varieties of situational settings in resolving project management problems in a systematic way;
- apply the acquired knowledge of management principles and concepts in a range of functional and business areas including managing projects;
- understand the strategic core of business decisions in both profit and not-for-profit organizations; private and public organisations.
- appreciate the complexities of organizational life, in particular in project management and the dynamics of the operating environment;
- make choices amongst competing alternatives, for example in projects selection and to assess their consequences for the organization;
- create a strategic vision and communicate its intent within the organization;
- develop continuous personal capabilities to address the challenges in project management and appreciate the relevance and value of such capabilities to the organization’s overall strategic intent;
- foresee as many dangers and problems as possible and to plan, organise, and control activities so that projects are completed as successfully as possible in spite of all the risks.
Candidates who wish to be considered for admission to the degree programme should normally possess, or expect to obtain before the date of entry:
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree second class (lower division) or its equivalent from a recognized/accredited university or accredited tertiary institution; or
- a third class degree, subject to a successful interview and a preparatory programme. All third class candidates should have a minimum of 5 years work experience and have to pass the MBA entrance examination.
- a full professional qualification; eg; Project Management Professional, ICA (Ghana), ACCA, CIMA, CIM, CIB
The programme is intended for the following group of students:
- Graduates with a good first degree or equivalent in non-business subjects and who are seeking knowledge in the area of business and an academic qualification that encompasses a broad range of business disciplines.
- Graduates with a good first degree or its equivalent in a specific functional area of business and would now want to broaden their knowledge and acquire special managerial skills in business administration.
- Graduates and professional qualification holders who have at least 3 to 5 years of management experience and are seeking a recognized graduate qualification that will enhance their chances of accessing higher managerial roles.
Generally, it is expected that our MBA graduates would comprise people who are already in middle level management positions in their respective organizations and institutions. Thus, there is the need to equip them to be strategically positioned for further career advancement. Nevertheless, the strategic and entrepreneurial skills that such graduates would be equipped with, should challenge them to establish their own organizations/institutions either in the same industry in which they already operate or in an entirely new field.
Home | About Us | Academics | Admission | Chaplaincy | Research | Publications | Library
Central University, Miotso near Dawhenya.
Off the Accra - Aflao Road.
P O Box 2305 Tema or P.O BOX DS 2310 Dansoman , Accra- Ghana -West Africa
Admissions: +233 0307 020540 | +233 0303 318583 | +233 020 726 8263
Main: +233 0303 318580 | 030 7020545 (Miotso) | +233 0594081658 |+233 0302 313185 (Christ Temple) | +233 0302 396189 (Kumasi)
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180
Academic Verification requests: email@example.com