BSC BANKING & FINANCE
The programme aims at enhancing the career of students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance programme by transferring to them comprehensive knowledge in theories and practice of Banking and Finance as pertains in Ghana and the world over.
Key Expected Outcome
Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to make significant contribution in the practice of Banking and Finance. They should and be able to develop a successful as well as satisfying career, both in private and public sectors in whatever sector or field they find themselves both in Ghana and overseas.
• To inculcate the practice of good and efficient financial management and banking practices in students;
• To efficiently demonstrate to students, the understanding of ethics in Banking and Finance and how to contribute significantly to the progress of organisations (state or private);
• To enable students gain a thorough understanding of the operations of the financial markets both locally and internationally;
• To enable students gain understanding of the operations of the bank in the handling of both local and international businesses;
• To gain the understanding of how to effectively and efficiently apply financial management in banking institutions and other businesses;
• To enable students appreciate contemporary and innovative concepts and theories in Banking and Finance to enable them keep abreast with time since Banking and Finance is continuously evolving.
Class Tests, Semester Examinations, Projects
Graduates of the Banking and Finance programme have job opportunities in both public and private sectors. In the public sector, opportunities abound in public sector ministries and several public sector organisations.
In the private sector, jobs abound in commercial banks, Insurance companies, investment banks, investment companies, Discount houses, the Stock market, Loans and savings institutions, Micro finance companies and other numerous private sector organisations. As well, a significant number of our graduates have established their own firms.
Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate: Passes in core English, core Mathematics, core Science and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the West African Examination Council (WAEC) or with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the West African Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examinations (WASSCE). All passes must be at grade D (SSSCE) or grade C6 (WASSCE) or better.
General Certiﬁcate of Education: An applicant must have at least credit-level passes in 5 subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) at the GCE Ordinary Level and at least 2 passes at the GCE Advanced Level. One of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’ or better. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
Professional Qualiﬁcations: Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) with at least 3 Credits and 2 passes awarded by the Technical Examination Unit of GES. Other qualiﬁcations such as Private Secretary, Bilingual Secretaryship.
Mature Student’s Entry Requirement: Applicants without any of the academic qualiﬁcations may be considered for admission if they are above 25 years old and have demonstrable relevant professional experience. Applicants will also be required to pass an entrance examination and/or an interview.
Mr Benjamin Tchume,
Head of Department
Admissions: +233 028 9546164/5
Main: +233 (0)302 951478 / 0302 313185/ 0303 318580/ 0303 951478
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180