Immigration and Visas / Permis de Résidence


To study at the Central University College, the prospective student should first have an offer of admission from the school. International Students are required by Ghanaian law to obtain a resident permit to enable a smooth stay throughout the duration of their study.

Upon arrival, International Students are advised to visit the Centre for International Relations and Programmes (CIRP) to apply for their residence permits with the following:

A photocopy of your Non-Citizen Card (The Non-Citizen card cost $ 120.00. The Ghana Cedis equivalence is accepted)

• A photocopy of your admission letter
• A photocopy of your current school fees receipt
• 3 passport pictures
• A valid passport (6 months valid at least)
• GH¢ 100.00 for processing fee for ECOWAS
• GH¢ 150.00 for processing fee (Non ECOWAS Countries)

Penalty to be paid for over stay:

• ECOWAS Countries: GH¢ 30.00 / month (if you hold previous permit)
• GHȻ 60.00 / month (if you do not have any resident permit stamp in your passport)
• Non ECOWAS Countries: GH¢ 50.00 / month (if u hold a previous permit)
• GHȻ 80.00 / month ( if you do not have any resident permit stamp in your passport)

Note: All amounts stated above are subject to change.

Important Note: Your passport is the most valuable document when you arrive in Ghana. You must keep your passport in a safe place to avoid losing it. Students are advised to make photocopies of the most important pages of their passports and store them in a different secure place. On arrival in Ghana, all International Students must register with their respective Embassies/High Commissions at their earliest convenience.


Dear International students, you are kindly informed that all foreign nationals who are residence permit holders should register for a Non-citizen Ghana card with the National Identification Authority (NIA). This is required by the Ghanaian law and is a MUST for all foreign nationals living in Ghana. Without the above mentioned card, you will not have access to essential services such acquiring a Driving License, Opening Bank Account, securing Resident Permit in the county. To register, you must purchase a FIMS scratch card of $120 or its Cedis equivalent from any CAL Bank branch in Ghana.

Registration Centres

Accra: NIA Head Office, off Tetteh Quarshie Interchange near Gulf House. CAL Bank Headquarters at Ridge.
Tema: CAL Bank, Tema Industrial Area.

Registration is mandatory.
For more information contact:
NIA Office by calling
+233(0)501267280 / +233(0)501267262 / +233 (0) 303 318 581


Call the Centre for International Relations and Programmes (CIRP) for assistance.

Thank you.
Signed: Head, (CIPR)


CLICK HERE for important Pre-Arrival Information

 En Francais


Tous nos étudiants étrangers sont priés de régulariser leur situation en ayant leur permit de résidence à jour.

 Pour l’obtention de votre permis de résidence, vous aurez besoin des documents ci-après:

  • 1 photocopie de votre carte de Non-résident (la carte de non-résident s’obtient à un coût de 120 dollars)
  • 1 photocopie de votre lettre d’admission
  • 1 photocopie de votre reçu de paiement de scolarité
  • 3 photos d’identité
  • 1 passeport (valide d’au moins 6 mois)
  •  100 Ghana cedis pour la soumission de dossier (Pour les ressortissants des pays membres de la CEDEAO).
  • 150 Ghana cedis pour la soumission  de dossier (Pour les ressortissants des pays non membres de la CEDEAO).

Note : Les montants cités plus hauts sont susceptibles de changement et sont payables aux Services d’Immigration Ghanéenne.




Postgraduate Programmes

  • MPhil (Religious Studies)     
  • MA (Religious Studies)
  • MBA (Finance)   
  • MBA (Marketing)     
  • MBA (Human Resource Management)   
  • MBA (General Management)     
  • MSC Marketing, Social & Organisational Research


Business Development Centre

  • Mature Entrance Examinations
  • Marketing – (CIM) UK
  • Accounting - (ACCA) UK
  • Commercial management - (ICM) UK
  • Advanced diploma in information technology